Thursday, February 25, 2010

Where to start...

I have no idea how to begin this blog. It will probably be the most random, out-of-order, unorganized, pathetic collection of writing in the history of the world, but it seems like all the "cool" kids are doing it, so I thought I'd join the club. No fancy pictures, no insightful titles... absolutely nothing that would attract anyone, but that's not the point. The point is to share, to encourage, and to ultimately say to you, my reader, "If I can get through life, so can you."

And let me say, if you add a big dose of Jesus to your life, it will be anything but mundane. It will, in fact, shock the hell right out of ya...because in Christ, our eternity lies in heaven. And heaven is why I do what I do.

What is it that I do? I try to live a simple and humble life and be Jesus to those around me in hopes that they will inquire of that undying JOY that I possess; that undying JOY that no one can snatch from me. I can share it. I can show it. I can GIVE it. But it simply can't be taken from me. And I owe it all to Jesus.

In fact, here's something to bring you up out of the mire, if that's where you're at today:

"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be JOYful in God my Savior." HABAKKUK 3:17 -18

Amen to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment